As you may have heard, the #DF16 agenda builder (in English: the 2016 Dreamforce session registration tool) goes live on Wednesday, September 7, 2016 (as of this writing the exact time of day has not been announced).
But don't worry! With a few simple tools and strategies you can be ready to take advantage of all that Dreamforce has to offer:
1. Watch the Road to Dreamforce '16 right here. It's live every Tuesday before Dreamforce from 11:00am PT to 11:30am PT, but the recordings are always available. Many people tweet tips using the #RoadtoDF16 hashtag or you can ask your own questions to get them answered.
2. Bookmark sessions in advance so you can narrow down the list of 1,900+ sessions when it's time to register on September 7, 2016.
3. Review this PDF of how the agenda builder works. Special thanks to Heidi Hopkins for posting it!
4. Take a deep breath. Not all the locations, times, and even sessions are posted yet. I try to follow two rules:
a. Hands on Training sessions fill up first, fast, and will be for sale after Dreamforce. That's right, they're recorded, but after Dreamforce in 2015 I was only able to access the recordings by paying a minimum of $99 to access them!
b. Not all sessions are recorded. For nonprofits, there's the Community Cascade day which won't be on the agenda for another week, and my Developer Zone theater sessions were not recorded at Dreamforce 2014 or 2015. Also, roadmap sessions and many others are not recorded for various reasons, so be sure you understand exactly what sessions to attend. Don't know for sure? Ask in the session chatter feed, the all Dreamforce chatter group, or your best option: @ mention the speakers on Twitter so they can confirm (although they may not always know).
5. Advanced tip: Use this **unofficial** agenda builder app (thank you Deepak Anand of Dazeworks!) in a developer org to help you get organized!
What are your best tips and suggestions to keep calm while you're planning your agenda? Let me know in the comments!
Want to learn Salesforce without needing to stress? Looking to learn reports and dashboards, adoption strategies, configuration techniques, and data cleanliness that works for you in a relaxed hands on nonprofit training environment with less than 10 people? Join Longshore Consulting for pre-Dreamforce *in your instance* live, in person training in the Bay Area on October 3, 2016. Here's all you need to know! Note registration closes on Thursday, September 15, 2016!
Missy (@missylongshore on Twitter and Periscope) writes this blog just for you!